Tuesday, August 13, 2013

FETTUCCINI ALFREDO

This wonderful, and usually sinfully rich dish is a favorite of mine but I seldom prepare it because it seems that most of my guests are on diets or, at least don't want to consume so many calories. (Especially now, when I'm on a Medi-fast program.) Since I like to save room for dessert (also not on my current diet program), I don't want to blow my diet with the main course. I'm sure my guests feel the same way. So here's a recipe for Fettuccini Alfredo that uses no cream - yes, no cream. Enjoy this. And dessert, too!

FETTUCCINI ALFREDO
serves 4 as a main course
 
5 T unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon size pieces
12-oz dried egg fettuccine
1/4 t salt, or to taste
2-oz finely grated parmesan cheese
 
1. Preheat oven to 250.
 
2. Melt butter in a heat-proof serving bowl in middle of oven, about 5 minutes.
 
3. Cook fettuccine in a 6-8 quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
 
4. Reserve 1/2 C pasta cooking water, then drain fettuccine in a colander. Immediately toss fettuccini with butter and salt in bowl, then slowly add 3/4 C cheese, tossing constantly and adding enough of cooking water to keep  pasta moist. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment